Delivering Value in Case & Investigations Management[tabs style=”default”] [tab title=”Executive Summary”] Distributed and dynamic business requires the organization to take a strategic approach to issue reporting and case management. Organizations require complete situational and holistic awareness of issues, incidents, investigations, and cases across business operations and processes. This is best approached through structured and accountable processes enabled through an integrated information and technology architecture for issue reporting and case management. The goal is to manage individual issues at the detail level while being able to see the big picture and trends of issues and their impact on overall risk and compliance exposure. i-Sight is an issue reporting and case management solution that GRC 20/20 has researched and evaluated, that can manage the range of issues, incidents, investigations, and cases across the organization. i-Sight can be deployed to manage a specific type of issue or case, or can be implemented as an enterprise issue reporting and case management solution to manage the range of cases across departments and functions. GRC 20/20 finds that i-Sight enables organizations to be efficient, effective, and agile in issue reporting and case management. It enables investigation roles to fulfill their respective duties while providing an integrated information and technology architecture to deepen collaboration, transparency, and accountability on investigations across the enterprise. i-Sight is well suited for use across industries and organizations to manage the range of issues and cases throughout complex and dynamic business. GRC 20/20 interviewed i-Sight clients in banking, county government, managed healthcare, hospitality and state government. GRC 20/20’s evaluation, research, and interactions with i-Sight clients has revealed the following:
- Large organizations using i-Sight can typically see a return on investment in under eight months.
- Medium-sized organizations using i-Sight can typically see a return on investment in just over seven months.
- Small organizations using i-Sight can typically see a return on investment in just over 15 months.
- The Challenge of Issue & Case Management
- The Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men . . .
- Dynamic & Distributed Business Compounds the Problem
- Issue Reporting & Case Management Process
- Issue Reporting & Case Management Process Structure
- Issue Reporting & Case Management Information & Technology Architecture
- i-Sight Case Management
- What i-Sight Does
- The Value of i-Sight
- Value: Case Planning & Administration
- Value: Issue Intake & Triage
- Value: Investigation
- Value: Remediation & Resolution
- Value: Reporting, Analytics & Metrics
- Total GRC Value & Return
- GRC 20/20’s Final Perspective . . .
- GRC Value Perspective Methodology
- About GRC 20/20 Research, LLC
©GRC 20/20 Research, LLC. All Rights Reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, adapted, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without the prior permission of GRC 20/20 Research, LLC. If you are authorized to access this publication, your use of it is subject to the Usage Guidelines established in client contract. The information contained in this publication is believed to be accurate and has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable but cannot be guaranteed and is subject to change. GRC 20/20 accepts no liability whatever for actions taken based on information that may subsequently prove to be incorrect or errors in analysis. This research contains opinions of GRC 20/20 analysts and should not be construed as statements of fact. GRC 20/20 disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information and shall have no liability for errors, omissions or inadequacies in such information. Although GRC 20/20 may include a discussion of related legal issues, GRC 20/20 does not provide legal advice or services and its research should not be construed or used as such.