Re-evaluating Policies – Methods for Maintaining Effectiveness
November 25 @ 10:00 am – 11:00 am
The Policy Management Illustrated Webinar Series – Part Seven. This sixth installment of the Policy Management Illustrated Webinar Series addresses how to avoid a common flaw – the failure to properly maintain policies once issued.
Even the best developed policies need to be re-evaluated from time to time to ensure they remain relevant and aligned to the objectives they seek to protect and support. Too often, this critical step of measurement and re-evaluation is neglected. Its understandable why, given that the number of policies in most organizations, and the numerous factors that may give rise to a need for change, is constantly shifting. The task of periodic re-evaluation is just not as simple as it seems it should be.
Nonetheless, there are many reasons to ensure that the right metrics and re-evaluation practices are in place. Policy management efficiency requires retiring of policies that are no longer needed; compliance and risk management includes ongoing consideration of business and external changes that call for policy revisions; and regulators and other stakeholders demand access to accurate archives and revision history demonstrating ongoing compliance efforts have been appropriate. Join us for a discussion of the considerations and best methods for ensuring policy review and governance.
- Outline the key steps in policy maintenance
- Define metrics and pathways for receipt of
- Understand value of history and audit trails for defense
- Michael Rasmussen, GRC Research Analyst and Pundit, GRC 20/20 and OCEG Fellow
The Policy Management Illustrated Series
OCEG and GRC20/20 are pleased to present the Policy Management Illustrated Webinar Series as a complete resource for maturing your policy management processes and systems of policy control.
The series takes a deep dive into each step of the policy management life cycle, offering guidance on where to begin and resources to help you make the case for better policy management with installments addressing:
- An Overview of the Policy Lifecycle
- Development and Approval
- Communication and Training
- Implementation and Enforcement
- Engaging Employees
- Tracking change that impacts policies
- Evaluating Effectiveness
- Where Policy Management Fits
- Building the Business Case for Better Policy Management
- Explaining Why Policies Matter
- Preparing for Policy Management Change