Considerations in Selection of Policy Management Solutions
One of the hottest segments of the GRC market is for solutions to manage, maintain, and communicate policies. Organizations are scrambling to get a grip on the identification, approval, management, and awareness of policies amidst a growing environment of legal and compliance exposures to policy mismanagement and growing regulations.
Whether for a department policy portal or to manage the range of policies across the enterprise, policy management solutions are in demand. Historically the demand has been more on the backend management and maintenance of policies. However, recent RFP and inquiry trends that GRC 20/20 is involved with show a growing demand for the front-end employee portal and engagement on policies, often with integrated training and learning management.
Where there used to be just a few solutions to choose from there are now over eighty with vary capabilities and approaches. They offer varying breadth and depth of capabilities, and certainly no one offers a one size fits all solution. It has become a complex segment of the GRC market to navigate, understand, and find the solution(s) that is the perfect fit for your organization.
In this Research Briefing GRC 20/20 provides a framework for organizations evaluating or considering policy management solutions.
- Defining & Understanding Policy Management Definition, Drivers, Trends & Best Practices
- Market Overview & Projections Market Size, Growth, Segmentation & Forecasting
- Critical Capabilities of a Policy Management Platform What Differentiates Basic, Common, & Advanced Solutions
- Considerations in Selection of a Policy Management Platform Decision Framework & Considerations to Keep in Mind
The GRC Pundit helps organizations . . .
- Define and scope the policy & training management market
- Understand policy & training management drivers, trends, and best practices
- Relate the components of what makes a policy management platform
- Identify core features/functionality of basic, common, and advanced policy management platforms
- Map critical capabilities needed in a policy management platform
- Predict future directions and capabilities for policy & training management
- Scope how to purchase policy management platforms in a decision-tree framework
- Discern considerations to keep in mind as you evaluate policy management solutions
This Research Briefing is aimed to assist . . .
- GRC professionals with the responsibilities to identify, author, review, evaluate, approve, communicate, and maintain policies and related documents and training
- GRC solution providers offering policy & training management solutions
- GRC professional service firms advising organizations on policy management
- GRC content & intelligence providers that provide policy and training content and templates
Michael Rasmussen – The GRC Pundit @ GRC 20/20 Research, Michael Rasmussen is an internationally recognized pundit on governance, risk management, and compliance (GRC) – with specific expertise on the topics of GRC strategy, process, information, and technology architectures and solutions. With 23+ years of experience, Michael helps organizations improve GRC processes, design and implement GRC architectures, and select solutions that are effective, efficient, and agile. He is a sought-after keynote speaker, author, and advisor and is noted as the “Father of GRC” — being the first to define and model the GRC market in February 2002 while at Forrester Research, Inc.