Building the Business Case for Better Policy Management
2019-12-09 @ 10:00 am – 11:00 am
The Policy Management Illustrated Webinar Series – Part Nine. This ninth installment of the Policy Management Illustrated Webinar Series shows you how to develop and pitch a winning business case for improving your organization’s approach to policy management.
We always hear that the biggest challenge to improving policy management is not knowing where to start, but the next and equally difficult challenge is making the business case for change. Creating a winning business case requires several “arts and sciences” including those related to strategy, innovation, planning, financial analysis, narrative, media design, and persuasion.
In this webinar, we will walk you through our step-by-step Winning Business Case Model that details straightforward iterative steps to create and deliver a compelling business case for your policy management change project. Using this method helps other executives (the board, the executive management review committee, or peer executives across the enterprise) understand that your risk-related initiative supports and furthers core business objectives and helps to change the misconception that policy management is only a cost center.
- Outline the steps in defining the project concept and analyzing/presenting the value
- Knowing how to make a persuasive pitch using principles of persuasion
- Identifying key benefits of the proposed change to highlight
- Carole Switzer, Co-Founder
- Michael Rasmussen, GRC Research Analyst and Pundit, GRC 20/20 and OCEG Fellow
The Policy Management Illustrated Series
OCEG and GRC20/20 are pleased to present the Policy Management Illustrated Webinar Series as a complete resource for maturing your policy management processes and systems of policy control.
The series takes a deep dive into each step of the policy management life cycle, offering guidance on where to begin and resources to help you make the case for better policy management with installments addressing:
- An Overview of the Policy Lifecycle
- Development and Approval
- Communication and Training
- Implementation and Enforcement
- Engaging Employees
- Tracking change that impacts policies
- Evaluating Effectiveness
- Where Policy Management Fits
- Building the Business Case for Better Policy Management
- Explaining Why Policies Matter
- Preparing for Policy Management Change