Beyond the Shelf – Ensuring Policy Understanding with Communication and Training
November 11 @ 10:00 am – 11:00 am
The Policy Management Illustrated Webinar Series – Part Three. This third installment of the Policy Management Illustrated Webinar Series focuses on how to ensure those who need to understand a policy can recall what they need to know when they need to know it.
Written policies are essential — but they are only effective if individuals are aware of them and both understand and demonstrate commitment to them. Too often, policies (even well written ones) simply sit on the shelf and employees have to think to look for them.
In today’s legal climate, having an audit trail of when policies were communicated, when individuals were trained, and when individuals acknowledged their commitment and understanding is critical to both building compliance and defending the organization when faced with legal and regulatory matters that may arise despite your best efforts.
There are best practices for distributing policies and determining when and how to provide training. We often think that once a policy has been formally issued the job is done, but that is far from the truth. Properly communicating about the availability of the policy is only the start. Join us for a discussion of the challenges, best practices, and benefits of a well thought out policy communication plan.
- Define the key parts of a policy communication plan
- Outline methods for tracking and delivering training and attestations
- Identify ways to both push and pull employee access to policies and related materials
- Michael Rasmussen, GRC Research Analyst and Pundit, GRC 20/20 and OCEG Fellow
- Robert O’Brien, CEO, MetaCompliance
The Policy Management Illustrated Series
OCEG and GRC20/20 are pleased to present the Policy Management Illustrated Webinar Series as a complete resource for maturing your policy management processes and systems of policy control.
The series takes a deep dive into each step of the policy management life cycle, offering guidance on where to begin and resources to help you make the case for better policy management with installments addressing:
- An Overview of the Policy Lifecycle
- Development and Approval
- Communication and Training
- Implementation and Enforcement
- Engaging Employees
- Tracking change that impacts policies
- Evaluating Effectiveness
- Where Policy Management Fits
- Building the Business Case for Better Policy Management
- Explaining Why Policies Matter
- Preparing for Policy Management Change